DarkMortar

In Runtime
P4 - 2.6Ghz HT
1.5GB DDR400 RAM
Radeon 9800 pro 128MB
120GB 7,200 rpm HDD
SB X-fi
logitech x-530 5.1

can i play it with at least medium sort of setting i guess and 1280*1024 res. Resoluton is a MUST, because anything lower in my opion is ****. I'm not an idiot with load of stuff in the task bar and i defrag monthy and registry mehanic like a good boy ... i promise! :rolleyes:

if you have to run it on 1280 1024 your kinda screwed eye candy wise.....low settings I think...if your lucky medium with extremly low framerates in the grass....If I were you I would go to 800 600 and turn up some eye candy :)...good luck though..

I'm guessing you got a 19 inch LCD. Your going to have some low fps with med settings on 12x10 resolution, I think you need to upgrade your card because 12x10 really takes the cards down compared to 10x7 resolution.

well ill have to see. every other game when i raise res its not a big deal, but high setting would be screwed. i think i could pull off medium ... or not..

i perfer clarity over textures, because lower resolutions look trash on LCD's

yeah, MAYBE medium. For high specs it says 3GHz CPU which you dont have, you also dont have a 6xxx series or equivelant card which would be the X800+ from ATI.....exluding the X800Pro though. Sooo basically something like the X800XL and up for the 'high requirements'

You meet the minimum requirements just fine. And yeah, a lot of games actually didn't make that big of a difference between 1024x768 and 1280x1024 on my LCD, but this one does. Difference between those two is quite drastic, especially on all the little details of a suit of armor, a sword, etc..etc..

You MIGHT get medium textures. Doesn't help that your card is 128mb of VRAM as well. Atleast you got a good amount of System RAM so that should help some, but yeaaah, I'd consider yourself lucky if you got some decent medium settings.

Mind you, I'm playing at high, but theres "ULTRA HIGH" above that, and even on my high it's really low FPS, easily down into the teens and 20's in some places, but it's still playable for me. I refuse to turn down the eye candy on this one :p

I really really doubt it even with medium. I have a 6800gs and its running DECENTLY on 1024x768 with high settings. Outdoor areas still go down to like 10 FPS at some points. If I were you I'd either learn to live with 1024x768 at medium, or just dont play oblivion until you can get an upgrade.

oh man :( depending on how bad low is but then that would suk. but i REALLY dont want less then 1280*1024 because thats off my native resolution. and a upgrade is out of the question right now...

i can live ith 30-40fps for standard tiem and 20 fps for major stuff but ooo

Well you can give it a shot if you want. But seeing at on 1024x768 with high on a better graphics card and processor im hitting 10 fps, it may not be worth it. Do you really NEED to use that resolution? Ive got a 17 inch lcd and run it non native all the time (even in windows since I hate everything being tiny), do 19inchers really look that bad on 1024x768?

If I were you Id try 1024x768 on medium and see how that works out.

Trust me though some of the out door stuff gets really laggy, if a monster attacks me outdoors its a real hard fight since aiming is really hard at 5-10 fps (its about 20-30 fps normally but if a monster starts casting spells and swinging at me it gets slow, Indoors I usually am 40-60 fps which is totally playable).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom