how to save a offline live account

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesx4911

In Runtime
Im goingto have to do a windows reload on my pc and do not want to lose my pc games save spots. I have backed up just the save data before but it never works I read that you must save the account that it is created with as well. Does anyone know how to do this?

I've done it before, but I'll have to check my home PC to find the exact folder(s) you need. I'll post it up shortly when I check it out.

Sorry to make you wait so long...I had to work all weekend. You have to back up the individual game folder AS WELL AS the "Xlive" folder that contains your Live account info. So for GTA4 you would do the following:

Backup the entire “Rockstar Games” folder (your saved games) which is located in C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\ for Windows Vista/7, and in C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Local Settings\Application Data\ for Windows XP.

Backup the “XLive” folder (your Microsoft Games for Windows - LIVE profile), located in C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Microsoft (Windows Vista/7), or C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\

Then to restore you would copy those same files back to those locations. I created my Live account and then copied the Xlive folder back, so I would follow that recommendation. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom