How to optimize for WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.

jairic

Baseband Member
I have an emachines T3065 AMD 3000+ (whatever that means) 512MB ram and nvidia 4 series, what do I need to do to this thing to best improve my Wow lagging. Thanks a lot for the help guys!

You need additional RAM for starters. I would recommend a minimum of a gig of RAM, 2 gig would be better. Since you are running a socket A, you will need DDR RAM. DDR ain't cheap anymore, a one gig stick is around $45, and a set of 2x1 gig is $95.

A better GFX card would be a boost as well. If you are running a 4 series, you are riding a dinosaur. Today's onboard graphics would run better (tough, but true). A dirt cheap card would work well for you, such as a 7300 or so. Try to avoid those that use system memory (at work, or i would provide links).

As for GFX cards, look for AGP 8X cards. You probably have a 250W power supply, so keep an eye on the power requirements of the cradds. You could always upgrade your PSU, as well.

It all boils down to what you want to spend.

Ya, money is the issue. I think the first thing I'll go after is RAM and see if I can get a cheap GFX card used somewhere.

You can pick up an AGP 1650pro for around 50 bucks if you look hard enough. I used to run an athlon 2800 with 1gb of ddr and the 1650pro and it handled wow just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom