How Many FPS Should I Play With?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the AA/AF turned up all the way on that game Joshd, maybe that could be why i get 35~ .Maybe 25 is lower than i was thinking

i demand 60 fps at least in first person shooters, 100 is what i want though

in rts i demand 40 fps at least though i want 75+

Nubius said:
Ok, but what you seem to not realize is that those things explain about how we perceive higher FPS, but that doesn't say when something is or isn't smooth.

Beyond 50+ frames per second, gameplay is perceived as smooth.

No it's not reality like a majority of those sites keep comparing it to, but neither is the shading, coloring, polygons of the game either.

what YOU don't seem to realize is that he said the human eye can only see 30 fps. that was nothing but a link disproving that. i said nothing about what's smooth or not.

what YOU don't seem to realize
oooh, emphasized and everything.

I don't care what the other guy said. This is what I'm saying in regards to those links. Besides the fact that when clicking on the top two results they barely touched on games and mainly focus on cinema. The main point that I'm sure the dude was making was that after a certain FPS, which isn't very high, it all seems smooth anyway.....that isn't to say you couldn't notice higher frames, but for all accounts, it's smooth motion.

first post: "I would like someone to explain FPS and how many i should be getting while playing games. Is 20 FPS too slow? How many frames per second can your eye even see?"

My link answered part of that question.

mnleson's post: "They human eye sees 29.97fps."

My link also addressed that.

I don't see what the problem is.

is there no way of putting motion blur in games?

EDIT: silly me, of course not.

there was actually an article i read not too long about this.....it seems that doing so isn't so easy..... it'd be simulated motion blur done by the CPU and/or GPU (or physics card....).
i remember where i read it, i think. someone posted a link here a while back about putting different fx into future video games...like coloring and other effects to make it look like an old movie and other ideas for gfx enhancement. i think motion blur might have been mentioned there

this could be it http://www.driverheaven.net/articles/valveeditorsday/index.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom