How good/bad my computer specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iVetrix

Beta member
I was just wondering compared to an ideal gaming computer, if my computer is good enough to run most games with minimal lagg and with decent quality. If you could also list some possible games that would work decently or very well for me thx <3

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+
3 GB Ram
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (build 7600), 32-bit
GeForce 8600 GT

Your computer isn't the best, you can probably play lower end video games, but recent games will lagg on your rig.
Easiest way to help with that is a new Video Card (make sure PSU can handle it if you decide to upgrade)

Just look for games that were released before 05-06 they should play fine on your rig unless your in the position to do some upgrades...

Eh my computer is around 4-5 years old.

Any recommendations on what exactly to get/upgrade so it can run the latest games released?

That rig should handle Call of Duty fine. Probably not on Extra, but it should get High.

Yea, I know for a fact COD4 will run on that computer for the most part, decently good, along with the first FEAR. Specs are similar to my laptop specs.

upgrade video card and maybe power supply first, then cpu and maybe motherboard along with ram.
That.

I currently run an 8600GT as well.
You can play Source games (L4D/L4D2, TF2, Portal/Portal2) without much lag.
Also WoW and EVE if you prefer mmorpgs.

That.

I currently run an 8600GT as well.
You can play Source games (L4D/L4D2, TF2, Portal/Portal2) without much lag.
Also WoW and EVE if you prefer mmorpgs.

My friend has one. I've seen him playing cod4+5 with the graphics cranked up, and I know he has mw2 as well. Any cod should do.

Well, AFAIK, since cod4 they have basically used the same graphics engine, just with minor tweeks. I have the mobile 8600 and it plays 4 smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom