How good is the 6600GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ThE_MarD said:
Heyyo,

I remember hearing the 6600GT AGP version has problems with a few people, me bud is one of them. So yeah, careful on that. The PCI-E seems to run flawless since it was built for that. Technically, the 6600GT was the fastest AGP card made.. but due to its probs with AGP, I say the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro's the best AGP card. One of the best selling ATI vidcards too.

So yeah, for PCI-E price to preformance ratio? the 6600GT, for a top-knotch AGP card? ATI Radeon 9800 Pro, or you could risk the 6600GT AGP version n' hope yours works fine..

Where the hell do u get ur facts?

6600 GT is a great card at a great price

WOW! I didn't know I would get so many responses. Anyway, I am looking at the PCI-E version of the card, not the AGP just to let everyone know. I am very interested in running SLI someday also (whenever I get the money). Does anyone here run SLI with the 6600 GT's? Thanks for everyone's opinion. This card is nice, fairly cheap and SLI ready so I am going to go ahead and make this purchase.
::-Chase-::

Yea I reccomend a ati 9800pro you can proablly get one for about 120 shipped on ebay. I have an amd xp 3000 1.5 gigs of ram and a 9800pro and I play bf2 and hl2 and cs source and I get around 30-60 fps on bf2 on the highest settings with 2x AA

oh! crap, i though he wanted an agp to keep cost down. otherwise ur right the 9800 does not come in a AGP version:bald:

Abercrombie said:
Yea I reccomend a ati 9800pro you can proablly get one for about 120 shipped on ebay. I have an amd xp 3000 1.5 gigs of ram and a 9800pro and I play bf2 and hl2 and cs source and I get around 30-60 fps on bf2 on the highest settings with 2x AA
a testimate to good graphics chip design that lasts years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom