How do you set up your LAN parties?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diabloII

Fully Optimized
my friends actually wanna set up a real lan party

the last few we've had consisted of:
1.) him
2.) me and 3 other people using my PC and my other friend's PC, with the extra guy (he has a dell :\) subing in
3.) people with laptops! (1.6 lanparty, no laptops can play it fine)

and it was pretty screwed up
heh

how do your lan parties go?

www.lanparty.com

That's a great site for reading up on planning and carrying out a lanparty, I've never held or been to one personally, although sometimes I bring my computer to my friends house and play online with him and his brother

You should talk to Nubius about the newegg lanparty :D

Never had a LAN party....some "friends" of mine had one but they told me I wasn't invited because I am not "in the clique", in their words. As much as I'd like to go, I've never actually been to a LAN party.

At the one I hosted at my house daisy chained 2 linksys befsr41 routers and a Wrt54g. I used Grayfox-001 to host the games servers (Grayfox-001 has now been replaced by Shiva)also I had to run extention cords down from upstairs because we keep blowing the breaker. I stuck everyone on dhcp and everything was all setup :) the latencys in cs 1.6 ranged from 8 to 17.

Edit: Ive been to about 5 profesionaly done lans with over 60 people and wow was there network equipment nice :) there servers specs sucked tho :p.

- thx gaara, btw i live very close to the newegg lanparty, but i can't drive yet and no one was home :\
-aww that sux beedub..........weell they're not your real friends then, f*** them
-grayfox you think a computer can host and play CS 1.6 at the same time? or should we get a seperate computer to do this? cuz we just ended up going to some empty server

me and a few of my buddies just try and cram eachother and our computers into a room, open all the windows regardless of how hot it is outside so we can have some ventilation, and network our computers together.

diabloII said:
- thx gaara, btw i live very close to the newegg lanparty, but i can't drive yet and no one was home :\
-aww that sux beedub..........weell they're not your real friends then, f*** them
-grayfox you think a computer can host and play CS 1.6 at the same time? or should we get a seperate computer to do this? cuz we just ended up going to some empty server

The machine in your sig should be fine for playing and hosting at the same time its just always better to have a deticated machine do it.

SUUUUUUUUUCKS diablo....I went to the newegg LAN on saturday.....was tired as all hell so I didn't stay for sundays but MAN, it was pretty cool...TONS of free stuff considering it was only $20 to go plus $7 for parking...booth babes galore, they gave out tons of stickers, shirts, posters, a little backpack type thing, license plate covers, rubber balls from ATI, keychains, some 'buzz bites' those chocolate chews that are equivelant to 1 cup of coffee lol, free pizza and drinks, a crap load of prizes in drawings and if you could beat Fatal1ty at painkiller....oh yeah and BABES, BOOTH BABES YEAAAAH :p

My friend called me today and he said they called my number for a prize lol...I think it was a pair of those zalman surround sound headphones, figure I would win on the day I didn't go...friend of mine won a 250gb external hard drive.

But yeah, we hold a LAN down here in Hesperia every month.

www.vvcclan.com has all the details, but yeaaaah, don't know how you'd get down here :p

My friend just has a couple 16 port switches and everyone gets hooked into that and we're ready to go.

It's held in a big room at the church in hesperia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom