Horrible screen tearing (Borderlands 2 mostly)

Welp, I went back to the 320 beta and was still getting crashes, guess it's back to 314 when I get home. Also, PP I borrowed my 30" hp from work and tried it out with the surround, same errors as before. 2 -exact- identical monitors with a brand new dell and can't span. I think I'm done with Nvidia after this 690. Been red team for the past 3 generations and never had an issue, switch back to Nvidia and it's nothing but problems.
Well, your machine your choice. Won't change my stance on that particular situation though.

That particular card should come with a stock OC which could also need a bump in volts, but I have my money on those drivers.

For future reference, there is a multi-quote and edit button.

Yeah I kinda did the edit on purpose, in hind sight I'm not sure why. But I did multi-quote you right?

Yeah it was the drivers, went back to the 314.22 drivers and I haven't had any noticeable tearing, so thanks for that.

Okay PP while I have you, I'd like to ask a question. I have my card OC'd to around 1155mhz (which will boost to around 1215-1230 in game) and I haven't had a problem, but ever since I went back to the 314.22 drivers it wont go above 967mhz even if it's clearly in need of the extra mhz and temps are fine, sometimes as low as 46°. Does this sound like a voltage issue?

Should I just start a new post that way I can provide more info?

Yea should be voltage. One thing to think about, is Boost 1.0 goes by TDP, so if you hit a certain voltage threshold it will throttle the card back.

Glad the rollback helped. I know it worked for me, even though technically I'm supposed to use the latest drivers. Oh well, 320s suck.

Yea should be voltage. One thing to think about, is Boost 1.0 goes by TDP, so if you hit a certain voltage threshold it will throttle the card back.

Glad the rollback helped. I know it worked for me, even though technically I'm supposed to use the latest drivers. Oh well, 320s suck.

Okay then, I will slowly raise the voltage until I can get my card to act properly. I have numerous GPU monitoring programs on my computer so I know one of them will have a voltage meter, I'll just play the game and keep an eye on the voltage then go from there. As of right now my voltage is at 1012 which is an offset of 25, so I hope it hasn't reached it's threshold yet.

Yeah as you said before it seems as though the 320's were very rushed, especially the 320.18 drivers.

Back
Top Bottom