HL2 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

WWS

In Runtime
Is there anyway to play HL2 without a steam account? The reason is I do not have Internet at my house yet, and did not realize what the situation with steam is. Actually it is the first time I have heard of it.

Does it cost extra money?

Steam is free and blows chunks. I don't understand why Valve makes you have to use Steam to play a single player game. However, no, you cannot play Half-Life 2, or any Steam oriented game for that matter, without logging on to it at least once and enabling offline mode. Sorry :(.

so sorry, unless you can take your computer to a friends house or get a wireless card(assuming that there is a wifi network you can mooch off of) for your computer to acsses the internet you should probally return it.

Yes, unfortunately you do have to sign in to Steam every time you play. Not much of a problem for people with always-on connections, but for dial-up users it's a nuisance and for people without internet, it's a huge barrier. But Steam is an effective way for Valve to keep people from pirating their software.

you dont need to sign on every time. just once to regester the game and then set it to offline mode. just take your computer to a friends house with internet. It may be nerv raking to move your computer but its not as bad as carrying it down 2 nyc blocks... AT NIGHT! that just made me $|-,@7 my pants

Thanks, I will see what I can do.

Unfortunatley I will not be able to return it because I opened the software downloaded it and was not able to play cause of the steam crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom