hl2 question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the entire gaming industy needs to create a standard like steam

But all engines would use "steam", so we wouldnt have a "steam" for every game

if only steam was more reliable and actually tried to make its stuff work, like the friends list, they would be great. they could also impliment some kind of ranking systm that would be nice.

Steam is great when it works, but it sometimes doesn't, like when the two CS Source maps were released. I couldn't play any games, presumably because the servers were overloaded.

DJ-CHRIS said:
I think the entire gaming industy needs to create a standard like steam

But all engines would use "steam", so we wouldnt have a "steam" for every game

Unfortunately, too many people are still on dial-up for this to work. Steam pretty much alienates dial-up users. They can play HL2, but they can't download the updates and it takes nearly 4 hours to complete the registration process. Here in the U.S., dial-up is still the most used form of Internet access.

beedubaya said:
Unfortunately, too many people are still on dial-up for this to work. Steam pretty much alienates dial-up users. They can play HL2, but they can't download the updates and it takes nearly 4 hours to complete the registration process. Here in the U.S., dial-up is still the most used form of Internet access.
My town just got this wireless broadband in are town just a few months ago, but up until then everybody in my town that had internet had dial up, even with the new internet still more than half of the people are still using dial up.

what you can do is this: bring your rig to an internet connection and register HL2. Then put steam in offline mode, and it shouldnt bug you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom