HL2: Not-So-Next-Gen

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the time of its release, HL2 had arguably the best graphics ever seen in a PC game. Doom 3's graphics were good but hidden in the dark. But we have yet to see what that engine truly could do something Quake 4 should expose. The same goes for Source. If the Lost Coast is a glimpse of what Source can do then it is pretty impressive. The water in HL2 was the best I have ever seen when it was first released. I didn't really like Far Cry's graphics that much because it was very cartoony and thus failed to fully immerse me into its world perceptively. Unreal 3 engine looks incredible. Haven't played Splinter Cell yet. Many people said Stalker at DX8.1 looked better than HL2 DX9. Stalker looks very good and very realistic. At this time, out of all the games I have played I still think HL2 looks the most realistic. I still say Doom 3 looks the most impressive. The shadows in that game is unreal. AOE 3 looks incredible too.

The character animation in HL2 is nothing short of unbelievable. Its as good as major CGI movies.

Hu-xu - you should play far cry using the rendering method called "Cold" mind you, you have to be able to play the game at pretty high settings just to be able to have the option to select between "cartoon", "Cold" and a few others, but the "cold" makes it look more real, espcially on the walls and floors inside of buildings.

I'm personally looking forward to seeing Farcry and other games that have been revised for 64 bit processes.

lol, I just now realised above I said "you should play stalker with the cold filter"........meant far cry and just changed that :p

But yeah as soon as I go AMD64 I will want to check out that 64bit Far cry as well

About the Source engine, i was at the part at the end when ur in breen's office with alex and eli, and ur in the metal rail thingie. my dad walked in and said "What are you watching? When did you get this DVD?"

Not as funny as *GASP* my friend was showing me medal of honor (*GASP* I would never touch an x-box)

His grandma walks in and is like WOW great graphics

I am laughing hard, because the graphics were terrible.

my friends cousin was playin grand turismo 3 or whatever they have now on Xbox, his grandpa came in and asked what races he was watching lol

I think its gran turismo 4, my friend whose a ps2 addict was going on and on about it....and his antiquated piece of plastic in a rather unattractive shape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom