HL2 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use the ant lions as a decoy. It was the hardest part of the game for me in the end I only <50 life. I think I went down to 43. To compare I never had lower than <70 life for the rest of the game. HL2 is actually incredibly easy. There is one big crate (doing this by memory here) close to the Rocket casket right before you advance to the next portion of the level. Use that crate as a shield. When you shoot your rocket the gunship should try to shoot it down so it will distract the gunship from focusing on you right there. Don't just shoot the rocket in a straight line manuever it. The gunship will not fire on you when its distracted. Use the ant lions as decoys when moving place to place. Watch out for the combine is a tower ahead of the Rocket crate. Just fire a rocket at them when you get the rocket crate. Don't try to finish both gunships at the same time. I never waste any rockets so I had a full load once I got to that area. Fired three at the first gunship and then there should be more rockets lying around. Finished first gunship before climbing stairs to the rocket crate where I finished the second gunship. The dumb combine made me lose more life than the gunships. Especially the one I mentioned. I had 100 life before climbing the stairs.

dhw200 said:
hardest part for me was the 2nd nova prospekt prison fight

You mean the part where you have to use the turrets?

It is a scripted event. Once I realized this everything was easy. The Combine won't start coming at you until after you move ALL the turrets. What I did was pile the crates infront of the door where you move to the next level after the turret fight. You know the one Alyz opens up. I think Valve purposely put all the crates there because of this strategy...like an inside joke. Because I asked myself why are there so many box crates there just randomly placed like that? Anyways, I piled them up and then you can actually go to the balcony and at the top where no Combine can get you. I just took one turret at a time and brought it up with me. This is how I noticed it was a scripted event not timed because I took one turret and basically stayed at the top for over a minute and no Combine came. Also, due to coincidence I also brought the table from the top area before the turret area with me. I shot it at the turrent area. I had no intention to use it at the turret fight but then something came over me I used it as a shield on the balcony. So by the time Combine came I was a top the balcony with the table shielding the turrets and the turrets killing all the Combine. Only trouble was the man hacks which were killed quite easily and the damn grenades. I only lost maybe 5 life for the entire encounter. This was my first attempt. lol. My other attempts I tried other strategies which were not so successful like camp in a cell and shield myself with crates and yes the table. I still got through the level but I lost maybe 15-20 life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom