HL2 HDR Vid

Status
Not open for further replies.
beedubaya said:
It won't suprise me if Valve waits to release this until after the debut of the R520, being as no current ATI card can run it. The R520 looks good from what I hear, and it does include Pixel Shader 3.0 (finally). This level will be a perfect demonstration of the power of the R520. I am going to wait until both ATI and Nvidia's cards have been out for a while before I make my decision this time.

Yeah...the lost coast was the "ATI level" me thinks...didn't Gabe announce that?

I HAVE to see this level for real though. The lighting is incredible.

Nubius said:
Man I can't freakin wait, here in a week I'm gonna buy HL2 so I'll be able to get that lost coast level.......I actually thought that damn level would be out by now.

You didn't buy HL2 yet???!!!!!! :shocked:

WHATS WRONG WITH YOU!!!!!!!:p

Cause I've already played and beaten it from a friend who DOES have it, but I want my own copy so I can play CS: Source and then be able to get the HDR level when it comes out.

A month ago the dude said it'd be released 'in a few weeks' I doubt they'd wait for the release of the r520, from the sounds of it, it's still going to be a while before that comes out

Nubius said:

A month ago the dude said it'd be released 'in a few weeks' I doubt they'd wait for the release of the r520, from the sounds of it, it's still going to be a while before that comes out

They might wait for the r520 just so ATI users aren't completely left out. It wouldn't look good on Valve and their partnership with ATI to release a game that could only be run on Nvidia hardware. Plus, they once called this the "ATI Level," and it wouldn't make sense if they released it before ATI had a card that could handle it.

yeah but how much sense does it make to say it'd be released in a few weeks and then base it on a card which no one even has any idea on when it'll come out?

Nubius said:
yeah but how much sense does it make to say it'd be released in a few weeks and then base it on a card which no one even has any idea on when it'll come out?

After the delay on HL2 the community really doesn't have any faith on Valve's set release dates anymore. I wouldn't be surprise if it isn't release until mid summer. I don't think you need PS 3.0 to play the level but to see Lost Coast in the way it is meant to be seen you will need it. Just like when Valve said in order to see HL2 the way it is meant to be seen you need a DX9 card that was still in a time when many people owned DX8.1 and even DX7 cards. Also, the Lost Coast is probably being developed using the new ATI card.

The download wouldn't start off the link that you gave beedub, but to the right it said 'We got this vid thanks to 3d gamers!' so I went there and they had it, can't wait to check it out. I was just saying this too lol that'd I'd much rather download a huge file for just 1 minute if it meant better quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom