HL2 Goes Episodic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metr01973

Daemon Poster
I've just found on Gamespot a article saying that Valve have changed the title of Aftermath, to HL2 - Episode One. Here's the article.
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/halflife2aftermath/news.html?sid=6144151&mode=all
So it looks like that every 6-12 months (or longer knowing Valve. LOL) there will be a new HL episode. Which personally I think is great, they will be able to expand on the original story and characters. What does everybody else think.

SWEET! I will never have to worry about dying because I finally got bored, hopefully they wont crash like other companys(Everquest),
Although I hate sequals, I love Half life 2.
If valve was a woman...

I think it's a good idea, I mean look how long we had to wait for HL2. Atleast with episodic content we won't be waitng for years for a game to come out. HL2 came out in 2004 (summer) and they announced Aftermath (Episode 1) summer 2005. So we've had to wait about 6-8 months since the announcement and we're getting a new HL game, even if it is only an expansion pack. If this really is going to be episodic they will already have the engine, storyline and characters, so Episode 2 should be out towards the end of 2006. Personally I can't wait and they should of called it HL2:Episode 1- Aftermath.

The only reason they are going this Episode route is the same reason George Lucas did...

national%20cash%20register.jpg

Don't put it all in one game when you can break it all up into several, "Episodes"....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom