HL2 Film?

Status
Not open for further replies.
gam_bsb_duke.gif

Bad Street Brawler

I'm telling you, it would be an awesome movie :beard:

It would be decent if they went in depth with the original HL, expand the story that was never truly told in the game into a scirpt that actually went into more detail, there would be a lot to work with and it would be cool to see Gordon in the Alien Zen world, perhaps as astounding as it was to visit in the game, well anyway I enjoyed it.

Lame idea...saw that a while ago anyways and it looks like none of you caught on that to the fact that is says BOGUS at the bottom

Either way, they can either mimic the game which will disappoint people because then they'll know what's going to happen, or they can create an entirely new storyline which would also insult gamers as it would have nothing to do with anything

Plus the whole fact that 2 games later Gordon has yet to say a single word, difficult to write a script when your main character doesn't have any lines

I agree, Quentin makes terrible movies, but I don't think a HL2 movie would be that great anyway. The Doom movie also sucked.

They said they were making Hitman into a movie, not sure how good that could be. They said they want Vin Diseal, but hes too big, id pick Jason Stathom, but hes too good to be in a potenitally crappy movie.

Jason Stathom would be alright if he didn't put on that stupid american accent he does like in the Transporter. The best film he has ever done is Lock, Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels, he played a cockney(Londoner) and should stick using an English accent. I'm not putting the american accent down, I'm just trying to say that English people can't really do an American accent and Americans can't do English accents. He should just stick to what he knows best.

Metr01973 said:
Jason Stathom would be alright if he didn't put on that stupid american accent he does like in the Transporter. The best film he has ever done is Lock, Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels, he played a cockney(Londoner) and should stick using an English accent. I'm not putting the american accent down, I'm just trying to say that English people can't really do an American accent and Americans can't do English accents. He should just stick to what he knows best.
American accent?? He sounds 100% British to me in both the Transporter films (first one was excellent, second one was bah). He does look kinda like 47, but I think we'd need someone Italian. He doesn't move like him. But a Hitman movie would work way better than a Half-Life 2.

perhaps it wasn't the transporter then but in one of his films he put on an american accent and it sounded awful. But he would suit the agent 47 part and you're right a hitman movie would definetly fare better than a HL movie.

Vin Diesel would suck in Hitman - which would make a far better movie than Half Life. To play 47, you need someone very cold, calm, calculating, and detached. Vin Diesel is far too "in your face." Jason Stathom would be a far better choice.

But as I said earlier, I'm against the whole video game turned into a movie practice - it ruins the game, or if you are going from a movie to a game, the movie. For one, I loved the Godfather - and now EA has a Godfather game under development. I also heard that they might turn Resevoir Dogs into a game - thats just sad. How can you make a good game out of a botched diamond heist? I mean seriously, do you want to play knowing that you are going to lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom