HL2 Film?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metr01973

Daemon Poster
Check this out
http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=24228675
If they are going to make a HL2 movie I couldn't think of a better director than Quentin Tarrantino (maybe Peter Jackson). If it happens whick looks unlikely I keep my fingers crossed for an adult rating. I just hope that they don't make a complete pile of s**t like some other game/movies I can think of. I personally can't see it happen because Valve wouldn't want to make a mockery out of Gordon and the HL series(I hope!?!). What does everybody else think.

I really dont think they should make a half life movie at all - or any other game into a movie. im against the practice

Most game/movie tie-ins are crap, apart from maybe Resident Evil 1 (2 was a crime and should be shot on sight.LOL). Mind you I haven't seen The Doom movie with The Rock, I heard very mixed reviews. The general public thought it was alright but the gamers said it was s**t. I don't want my imagining of Gordon ruined by some half arse lame actor who has never played HL in their lives. If they did make it, it would take a director like Quentin or Peter and some very very good actors/actresses to pull it off.

the thing is half life wouldnt work for a movie. it would ruin the whole atmosphere. The whole idea behind the game is that u ARE Gordan. I dont know how they are gonna pull that off. Gordan also NEVER SPEAKS during the game, which is gonna make the movie tricky

An HL movie would quite possibly be the coolest thing ever invented, if they hit the story on the spot and made it R rated.

it'll be interesting to see how the Halo movie turns out though, if Halo doesn't do too well in the box office they might hesistate about this movie.

Metr01973 said:
Check this out
http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=24228675
If they are going to make a HL2 movie I couldn't think of a better director than Quentin Tarrantino (maybe Peter Jackson). If it happens whick looks unlikely I keep my fingers crossed for an adult rating. I just hope that they don't make a complete pile of s**t like some other game/movies I can think of. I personally can't see it happen because Valve wouldn't want to make a mockery out of Gordon and the HL series(I hope!?!). What does everybody else think.

That is, by far, the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Quentin is a terrible director able to produce nothing more than mindless violence with absolutely no thinking required. And adults only? Are you retarded? Why the **** would Half-Life be rated adults only? We don't need a full frontal sex scene between alyx and gordon. Next time you post, make sure you don't sound like an retarded immature moron, and that your post doesn't prove that you know nothing about the subject matter.

Re: Re: HL2 Film?

PoisonPorkchop said:
That is, by far, the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Quentin is a terrible director able to produce nothing more than mindless violence with absolutely no thinking required. And adults only? Are you retarded? Why the **** would Half-Life be rated adults only? We don't need a full frontal sex scene between alyx and gordon. Next time you post, make sure you don't sound like an retarded immature moron, and that your post doesn't prove that you know nothing about the subject matter.
I'm guessing it would be rated adults only because of the amount of sci-fi violence it would entail in order to capture the spirit of the game. No one said anything about a sex scene. I, too, am glad that Valve has no intentions of making a Half-Life movie. The game needs to remain just that: a game.

Re: Re: HL2 Film?

PoisonPorkchop said:

Don't insult him Quentin like that man. He's a good director with a unique style. That doesn't mean you should insult him like that. He puts a lot of effort into his movies and they've all been pretty big hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom