hl2 ending...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it is...
I had a long chat with some of the team about it...and they all said it was slightly unwanted but needed for "upcoming projects"....whatever that means...

what do you mean don't give it away, i'm not.. i said it sucked, and if you don't wanna know, then don't read this thread *rolls his eyes*

Well duh...there is going to be an expansion and another one, what fun would they be if this one just tells everything. HL2 is what Valve has going for it there is no way they would just drop it now.

so uhm.. like i said, the ending sucked the big one regardless of expansions, newer versions, whatever. it was quite the cheesy ending leaving you like wtf... A game that just stops dead in it's tracks at the end doesn't make me want more, makes me talk bad about how unoriginal the ending was.

well.. i didn't play hl1 just watched my brother play it the whole time.. and either way i'd probably say the same thing about the first one if it ended the same. Bad because it's just an effortless ending, where they chose to end it that way (leading to hl3) instead of a really exciting ending. I just don't think they put any effort in the end of the game is all, and it's unfortunate because it leaves the story line in an weird position. Boring, effortless ending, yes, these are my thoughts and if you don't understand my point of view fine, enjoy the pathetic, cheesy ending (like my harsh words guru) ;)

*edit* so alas hl3 will start out on a little tram, without us knowing how we got there, missing half the story.

I get totally what you're saying but it's like a HL tradition now to end that way.:D

It's not just HL1 and HL2 but Opposing Force as well (although the later Gearbox made it but the story was still crafted by Valve's writer).

The story in HL is so immersive and MASSIVE...you should read the Raise the Bar book if you ever have time...it gives quite a lot of backup detail...that a lot of ppl felt the endings were unjustifed. It's like those real cliffhangers like Vader telling Luke he is his father and then that's it. BAM! Now wait years to see the conclusion.

Well HL fans waited 6 years to see the conclusion of HL1 in HL2 and we got none of that but the story was designed like that until the last HL and even then it still might not finish.

Anyways you might like to check out this site:

http://fragfiles.org/~hlstory//

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom