hl2 ending...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Demalii said:
sucked the big one, quite depressing

Thats all you said and nothing more. Thats why I commented on it. What am I suppose to think when you said that? You didn't make any other point other than that which makes it sounds like thats all you cared about. I'm not in love with the game I just wanted to justify what you said. Sorry if I sounded like I was complaining, I hate explaining stuff in text only.

ThirtySixBelow said:
I enjoyed starting in a tram again and ending in with the g-man. Thats what happened in the first one and it was very HL1 style.
I was expecting that to happen with G-Man showing up right at the end leaving you with a sence of WTF?! like he did with the orginal.

However the entire citidal was such a push over of a level. I was hoping for a lot more. Especially considering that the previous levels where :-
1. HARDER
2. LONGER

I had a harder time going through WATER HAZARD (Chapter 2) as appose the Cidital. I was really hoping that the Cidital would be another (at least) 3 hours of play.
It was all over with in an hour.:rolleyes:

hu_xu said:
Anyways you might like to check out this site:

http://fragfiles.org/~hlstory//

One of the reasons why I am extremely tempted to re-open my HALF LIFE RPG CONVERSION again. The only problem now is that i have to redo my HL Conversion to another system as the original ALTERNITY:DARK MATTER rules have been defunked to the D20 System (a system that I don't like)

The sad thing about saga is that the backstory is SO rich in details. I sad that is we only see it as a FPS.
The other game that I can think of that has a really good back story, but just a small game is GUILTY GEAR X.

Thresh said:
Yeah I know, Im cool with it, I just wanted to point it out because how he put it, it made it sound like the ending is all the mattered.
Yes. That was good too. Like I remember playing the ending of orginal HL and Opposing Forces. (And I might just add the orginal UNREAL), and all of those game left me thinking "$#!+. I wish there was a 'KILL ME NOW' option so I could save myself the trouble of getting screwed over in the end."

But at least with HL2, it does make me feel that Gordon did complish some thing. Like he did strike a very sever blow to the Galactic Union.

Nikkon said:
And instead of just posting "The ending sucked" post how you would make it better ( acutally add something worth reading ). *rant done*
As posted before, I would of been a satified with the cidital being harder. The main problem that I had with HL2 was that the more I progressed in the game, the easier things became. Okay, the striders in that park square were nasty. Own ever one you now where the rocket launch caches were, they were easily take down.
Over all, I still have to say that the second last level was still a good challange.

But the citidal... I was really hoping for more resistance from Combine Forces (and other nasties). I was also expecting another 3 to 4 hours of play of going through verious levels of the citidal. Like the ending of DOOM III where you had to deeper and deeper into Site 3 (???). Even the last ending of the orginal HL was nasty too.

The only other complaint about the game was the lack of end bosses. It was pretty much gunships and striders and swarm tactics. Unlike the orginal HL where there was a good deal of them. And they were more of a DEADLY PUZZLE as appose to a stand up fight.

Over all, I do hope that they bring out some expansion packs. Bet that VALVe is working on one for Barney to expand on his side of the events.

Over all, great game. I just wish the last chapter was more of a challange.

BTW, could some one please give me one of those suped up gravity guns for chirstmas. They were fun. :D

Yeah many people were quite disappointed that the ending was short and what is with Freeman "delivering" himself to Breen.:D WTH?!

Anyways, Valve was going beyond the concept of boss characters. It's so cliche and arcade like. I actually think it is far more realistic to have it end the way it did although it could be argued that there WERE bosses in HL2 like the super antlion or whatever it's called.

I actually couldn't stand the puzzles at the end in HL1. Especially that dumb jumping puzzle it annoyed the hell out of me when the baby sends you into the portal.

Many people actually felt that the ending of HL2 was rushed as was HL1. Seriously when you look at HL1 and the quality of the level design before the ending there is so much difference. It's kind of the same with HL2. Feels rushed but at least not as bad as Far Cry which DEFINITELY felt rushed.

That blue gravity gun was awesome though but I would have loved to the citadel level more developed. Half the time was spent on riding the pods.

Also did you hear about the ATI levels? Supposedly Valve will add additional levels later on. Will be interesting to see what it is and if it will actually happen.

hu_xu said:
Yeah many people were quite disappointed that the ending was short and what is with Freeman "delivering" himself to Breen.:D WTH?!
COMBINE PIZZA DELIVERY BOY :- Mr.Breen, heres that Gordon Freeman you ordered with a side-order Super Charged Gravity Gun"

hu_xu said:
Many people actually felt that the ending of HL2 was rushed as was HL1. Seriously when you look at HL1 and the quality of the level design before the ending there is so much difference. It's kind of the same with HL2. Feels rushed but at least not as bad as Far Cry which DEFINITELY felt rushed.
Yes... The levels and the beginning where better than the ones toward the end. Like I have to say the WATER HARZARD was the hardest level for me in that game.
Nova Prospect was too much of a push over as you get your ANT LIONS to do your dirty work there.

hu_xu said:
Half the time was spent on riding the pods.
Yeah. Like here I am thinking "HOLY SH!T, Am I going to fight through all THAT?!?!?!" :eek: :D
Nope! :( :( :(

hu_xu said:
Also did you hear about the ATI levels? Supposedly Valve will add additional levels later on. Will be interesting to see what it is and if it will actually happen.
Cool. I might just keep my copy of HL2 on my system that little bit longer then as see if any thing more develops on this.

I agree with him when he says valve is going beyond boss characters.... it IS very cliche and people always want to change things, of course valve making money with sequels and expansions goes without saying. They want to make a different kind of game for people to experience.... hence the way HL and HL2 ends. Ending sucked for me too but we have to wait another... I dunno how many years before the next one.

In light of the possibility of getting flamed, I enjoyed the ending. It wasn't the ending itself that was good, but I thought the WAY that they did it was pretty cool. I think most of us can maybe agree (at least a little more) on that point. (?)

wasnt the ending of the first one a let down? you go through the alien planet, and just to have him 'tell' you what you will have to do. Wasnt that a let down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom