HL2 & CSS in offline mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

AND_YOU_ARE

Fully Optimized
I am home from college, no more dual T3's at my dispoasal :( I would like to play both HL2 and CSS while at home. I dont have an internet connection for that computer as of right now. I hope I can share the dial up connection with the other computer downstairs. See this post

Is there any way to adjust steam so that I can play HL2 and CSS. I have already offline mode enabled, as well as saving user files. What do I have to do to make source engine games playable?

Thanks

AFAIK you should be able to play these games offline anyway - you have to connect to the internet before you can play HL2 for the first time (I guess you've already done this). To play CSS offline you'll need to create your own server (done easily from the CSS Main Menu) and add bots to play against.

Good luck with Steam updates over your dial-up connection though if you figure out how to do it!

wow, are you asking to be banned

Their is nothing wrong with steam, it's great for the main part

And 99% of the time if something goes wrong, you just reinstall steam, relogin and your set again

Well here is the problem, I have offline mode set up, with user files saved, but when I try to play CSS and HL2 a window pops up telling me its not available in offline mode. Is there some file I need to make read only when I am online and steam is open? I can play around with it. And this is a fresh install, a system wipe and reinstall less than a month ago. So its nothing wrong with steam.

If i need to connect to the internet once to do something with the files i can put the dial up modem in my pc and do it that way.

Any ideas and suggestions are welcomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom