hl2 ai disabled FULLY LEGAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizzardxexe

In Runtime
so i have a desktop and a laptop right, and i'm going to be travelling and i still want to be able to play half life. so i logged into my steam account on my laptop and downloaded it. now whenever i try to play it i get the AI disabled bug.

I SWEAR THIS IS A LEGAL COPY. my friends had an extra copy of the game and gifted it to me, i was sitting next to him. its not illegal or anything.

i'm running vista x64 sp1. what is going on?
ps it runs fine on my desktop

Does Steam allow you to have the game installed at 2 locations at the same time? Could be an issue with licensing. I am not familiar with the AI disabled bug, but here is what I found on the topic. Just a possible temporary solution for the time being:

Hit the tilde (~) key to drop down your console, (Make sure that in Options > Keyboard > Advanced, the console checkbox is checked).

Then, type in "ai_disable 0" (without the quotes)

As long as you don't quick load, then you don't have to do it again. Everytime you start the game, or load a saved game, you will have to type it in.

Does Steam allow you to have the game installed at 2 locations at the same time? Could be an issue with licensing. I am not familiar with the AI disabled bug, but here is what I found on the topic. Just a possible temporary solution for the time being:

i was wondering the same thing. it doesn't allow you to be logged into the same account by two people so i would imagine so...

actually yes it does i can log into my friends account, download tf2 and then play it fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom