Hl2

Status
Not open for further replies.

juno_reactor

Baseband Member
I have this weird problem with my HL2. I bought the box copy and installed it. I plaed it more than once but when I found out that Episode One was comming out soon I attempted to play HL2 again to relive the memories of a good game. However, this time I tried to play it, it didnt work! It just took me stright to Steam. Weirder thing is that what I bought and downloaded HL2-1, it played perfectly, and all I want to do is play HL2. Could anyone elaborate?

Oh, does anyone know when Episode 2 come out?

Ep 2s coming out later this year i think. Try either verifying:

1. Right Click The game "HL2" in the steam GUI
2. Go properties
3. Local Files
4. Verify Cache

or reinstalling

1. - 3. Same As Above
4. Delete Local Content

THen right click the game and press INSTALL and it will reinstall it.

ok..when i did that...the whole Verify Cache cant be clicked. i dont know what that means. the last thing i want to do is re-install because...i kjinda lost all my CD's. and the cd key.

No, each game is its own. But what I dont understand is WHY I CANT PLAY HL2...what sucks even more is that I dont have the CD's OR the Cd Key to re-install. To answer your question though, yes, they are different games but you still need the CD key from HL2/

Once you have a steam account you don't need to re enter the cd key though do you? I don't remember ever entering it since the first time Iv installed the game. What happens when you go into steam and click on half life 2 and choose play?

well i dont even remember using the damned thing! when i click on the "HL2" icon it takes me straight to the Steam GUI. then, when i click on "My Games", HL2 shows as Pre-loaded indicating that Half-Life, technically, wasnt even installed to begin with/. i suppose if i want to play bad enough ill pay for another copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom