High ping in BF2

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about joining our clan server which is located in NYC :classic: :D :p

Only thing I can say is don't join the world wide servers :mad:

What's the name/address of your server?

Not all servers have a problem with high ping (thankfully). It just seems to only happen when I'm having a great game, though... usually right about the time I blow the enemy's artillary...

Khann said:
I tend to get great pings (20-40ms) even though I'm only on 1.5mb ADSL.
I don't think having anything faster than 1mb connection will improve your ping at all... your latency will be dependant on your distance to the server, not your bandwidth. You may get away with an even smaller connection, I'm just speaking from my experience with gaming on my 1mb connection.

Of course this is all assuming you don't have anything else downloading while your playing...

Of course this is all assuming you don't have anything else downloading while your playing...

Made that mistake... once. My wife was downloading a TV show and I tried to play. It was like trying to play war with a strobe light going, everything was herky-jerky. I hollered and had her shut it down, and everything was fine.

1.5mb wouldn't matter. You could get a 100mb connection and still have the same pings. Ping is latency, not bandwidth. It's the amount of time it takes for a bit of data to go from your computer to the server, not how many bits you can transfer at once.

Trotter, after i update the BF2 servers....I always click on the ping tab twice and choose the low ones from the top...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom