High Choke in FPS Games (i.e. CS:S)

Status
Not open for further replies.

likspiker1337

Solid State Member
I've been getting high choke (20+) in games such as DoD:S and CS:S. Im using a Linksys wireless * PCI card along with a Linksys Wireless * router. Windows is telling me that my signal quality is "excellent" so it shouldnt be a signal quality issue. Im getting virtually zero packet loss, however im getting very high choke which is a problem in FPS games especially when your about to stab someone in the back only to lag out for 1-2 seconds...Anyone with a similiar issue that knows how to fix it?

PS: my router and network card are only a few weeks old so nothing should be worn out outdated.

Are you sure it's network lag you're experiencing, not system lag? What are your specs?

is it doing this all the time, or is it only happening during the day, because it could be peak time while your playing your game

Network lag. if i type net_graph3 in CS:S i see a choke of 20-30 all the time. My fps is around 50-100 depending on what is on the screen.

Im not getting any packet loss which is surprising, and what I think would be more likely with a wireless network.

oh yes specs (the ones that matter):

Athlon 3000 barton
geforce FX 5900 ultra
1 gb PC2700
Windows xp home Sp2

Try these, and record and post the origional rate

Type cl_rate and rate in the console. Now type cl_rate 9999 and rate 9999

Yes, this happens to me all the time, too. I have a wireless card adapter (Netgear) and a Netgear router. Both max is 54Mbps. I get chokes all the time, I think it's the wireless' fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom