HG:L anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdLeft152

Daemon Poster
anyone have HG:L? played it?

really curious to see how the game is, i've heard alot of good about it. i definitely was a diablo/d2 addict and hoping this game is just as good.

Yeah, it sounded pretty cool, didn't it? However, I was pretty dissapointed at the demo (the only thing going for it was a) the fact that it was an RPG and b)the hilarious cockney soundbytes). some of the textures looked awesome, but everything else just kindof felt a bit 'top of the line 5 years ago', gameplay included. Yknow, square, linear maps, terrible clipping, I dunno. Its a game that I wanted to be good, but I'm not sure it will be....

well, you can get it on gamershell. Try it, I thought I would prolly end up getting it as well.

I played through the beta and wasnt impressed. Comes out tommorow and circuit city has it for 40 bucks if you want to try it out. What i want to know is if it has a monthly fee. If its free like d2 was it might be worth having around as a "god im bored i need to kill something" game. But if there is a monthly fee, its definately a no go.

I played through the beta and wasnt impressed. Comes out tommorow and circuit city has it for 40 bucks if you want to try it out. What i want to know is if it has a monthly fee. If its free like d2 was it might be worth having around as a "god im bored i need to kill something" game. But if there is a monthly fee, its definately a no go.

the beta was cool, however not everything was avaliable in the beta n will be in the retail.

the very important, unique, n fun thing u have to understand is what made D2 a huge success is from the randomized item selection. I believe also that the randomized environments that was promised was not in the beta because it wasnt prepared n will be in the retail version. U just have to get use to this game is all.

about the monthly fee, it is optional n i recommend it for what it offers. For non-payers, u get to make only 3 char slots for one thing. Here is a list of things offered if u subscribe $9.95 a month for HG:L:

SUBSCRIPTION DETAILS | Hellgate London

the achievement rewards r available to non-payers too, btw. I will probably go to subscribtion in December or after, depends on how things turn out with money in my family n stuff.

EDIT:

im getting the game, because i loved the beta. It is similar, but not the same n isnt suppose to be the same as D2 in everyway. Just accept the way the game is n i promise it will be worth it. This game almost feels like a D3.

almost.

Nothin would have made me happier than a true D3 tho XD ah well. I'll probably check out HG:L but im playing multiple onlien games. I'f i pay for them all ill be shellign out like 60+ a month. not to mention trying to split time between them haha.

EDIT: checked out subscription details, looks promising. They're putting a lot of work into it.

I guess the thing that doesn't get me super hyped is controlling multiple things at once.. A great aspect of Diablo was you control yourself and yourself alone. Charge in with crazy skills and obliterate everything XD. Using strategy and tactics is good in its own way too but it really sucks when you wanna just go ballistic and not worry about keeping more than 1 thing alive.
Edit3: Oh maybe that was just one video I watched. just seen another one showing pretty much what I wanted to see hahaha.

I guess I'll have to look into HG:L a little harder. I might sacrifice one of my other mmo's or online optional-pay games for this. 10$ isnt too bad considerign the others are 20+ lol

Edit2; haha the commercial they have here Hellgate London is pretty good. I laughed.

I hope they're gonna run some badass servers cause Diablo2 had some serious lag issues. I'm runnin kickass highspeed too XD

i guess i'll just have to play the demo and make a decision. thanks for the heads up on circuit city though much appreciated.

Basically circuit city has become the new "pc game seller". Everytime any new game has come out it has been 10 bucks cheaper there than anywhere else. I'm liking their new promo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom