Hex Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Heat

Baseband Member
Hows it going ya'll. This is my first trip to these message boards and am looking for a bit of information. I have been playing games on the pc for quite a while, and have heard a number of my friends speak of Hex Editing tools that alow you to alter some game saves just to see uber chars and what not. Now I have done some looking online myself and can't really find anything as far as a how to.

I have downloaded a coulple of tools, but don't really know how to use them. I am testing them out on a classic PC game called Castle of the Winds, a very basic kind of game with very little coding, I would think.

So I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find more information on this subject, or if someone would care to even attempt to explain it here. Either way is fine. Thank in advance.

Never heard of it used for games. I've changed the name of the start menu with a program called HexEdit if I remember the name correctly.

Maybe I should post this in the programmers lounge section. I bet they could probably help more then every day gamers huh. Thanks for the help though, changing the start menu is more then I have accomplished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom