Help! Side mouse buttons won't function in certain games

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImaMiteyPirate!

Baseband Member
Hi all, my first thread here. After several years of having a notebook that could only manage playing counter-strike as it's most graphical/entertaining game, I now have a new notebook. Of course I would much rather have a desktop, but it has to be a notebook in my case for the next few years..

I have a MS optical usb mouse with scroller and two side buttons. I've used this to play CS no problems.. now I have a bunch of new games like Thief 3, and I think even Call of Duty, which doesn't seem to register my side buttons... I tried installing the Intellipoint software for my mouse model, but it didn't solve anything.

If anyone has a solution, I'd be grateful.

Thanks!

No solution, most games don't support side mouse buttons. Have the same prob. with my MX 700

Okay, the side buttons definitely do not work in Call of Duty (at least for me it doesn't).

Pretty stupid since they work fine in CS.. after years of playing CS, why doesn't this much newer game support side buttons. I still think it must be able to support the side buttons, what's the point of having a hi tech wireless optical mouse with like 8 buttons if games don't support em??

zerozero said:
No solution, most games don't support side mouse buttons. Have the same prob. with my MX 700
855.gif

I'm so tempted to get one myself.. but put off if all those buttons can't be put to use in modern games. i've been away from pc gaming for a long while, is it really that MOST games don't support side mouse buttons?

cheers

In my experience, most games do support the side buttons on my Intellimouse. Only a few game like Thief 3 dont support it.

PS: You have a 7Ghz Pentium-M? Must have been expensive. Where can I get one? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom