Help my freind wit his Graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

ki9090

In Runtime
my friend wont listen to me, i keep telling him that his graphics card is old and he should upgrade but he says it isnt, its a NVIDIA GeForce PCX 5750, so hopefully if u all reply telling him he wont be playing battle feild 2 aqnd CS: S he will realise

If he doesnt want to upgrade then why would he bother. That cards definitly not new but still, blowing 200+ bucks on something you dont really want is stupid in my books. And it will definitly play CSS, probably BF2 on low settings.

If he wants good performace though he should upgrade.

A 5750 should play CS:S okay, the games not that all demanding. But as for BF2, I don't think his computer will play that very well at all (maybe on minimum graphics). A card that old should be upgrade to at least a 6600GT/6800.

It will play BF2 and CS:S

- Video Cards
Battlefield 2 only supports the following video cards:
Radeon X700 (PCIe)
Radeon X600 (PCIe)
GeForce 6600 (PCIe)
GeForce PCX 5900 (PCIe)
GeForce 5800 Series (AGP)
ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition
ATI Radeon X800 PRO
ATI Radeon 9800 Series
ATI Radeon 9600 Series
ATI Radeon 9550 (RV350LX)
ATI Radeon 9500 / 9700 Series
ATI Radeon 8500 Series
ATI Radeon X300 Series
NVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra
NVidia GeForce 6800 GT
NVidia GeForce 6800
NVidia GeForce FX 5950 Series
NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Series
NVidia GeForce FX 5700 Series

So i thihnk your wrong...

Oblivion supports a FX 5200, but that doesn't mean it play it well at all. He should upgrade if he wants to play BF2, a FX 5700 is the lowest supported Nvidia video card by BF2. It might get enough fps in the lowest settings to be playable; but I think an upgrade is in order. If he really wants to spend 50 dollars on a game that he will have to play on the lowest settings, instead of putting that money to a 6600GT, then by all means let him; but if he thinks his card isn't outdated then he is definatly set for a dissapointment.

his ram is going to be really important in playing bf2. But your not going to be able bf2 on any decent settings with that card. And im guessing that if his card is that old so is his cpu and ram etc...making the comp old. old comp+bf2=640xwhatever on low...if that ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom