Help me make some decisions on building my new gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
what i said is cheaper... so if he isnt tryin ta spend TONS of money.. what i put will be just perfectly fine!!and will be a lil bit cheaper.. gives him some cash to buy himself some games for his new tight PC!!

the only diffrerence i seen in the video cards were that the Saphire has gddr3 and the Asus has DDR

and i dont see the effective speed rating for the saphire...

is the gddr3 gonna be much better than ddr?

BLuEnGrEEnPC said:
what i said is cheaper... so if he isnt tryin ta spend TONS of money.. what i put will be just perfectly fine!!and will be a lil bit cheaper.. gives him some cash to buy himself some games for his new tight PC!!

the reason i went with the 3500 is for future upgradability..

anything below that is gonna be 754 socket.

and i want a good graphics card thats not gonna be outdated for a long time..

i dont like to take the cheap route with pc's because your just gonna be upgrading them in a couple months if you do.

well if u have the money.. then go for it... thats tight... i just thought u would want to watch ur money and still have some left over.. or if ur parents or somethin, had u on a budget..well thatll be a tight computer

Wow, were goina be having almost the same computer, cept im getting the x800 xt for the free HL 2, lol.

KiDrIoT69 said:
Wow, were goina be having almost the same computer, cept im getting the x800 xt for the free HL 2, lol.

cool.. im thinking about just goin with the 9800xt though.. cant decide if i want to spend the extra money on the x800 pro.

oohhh... see, u gotta top that now.. u have to get the x800 with the free HL2 like him... but also get a 32" Plasma Display for a monitor.. haha

actually, i had the x800 picked out before he mentioned it... i said i was considering downgrading to the 9800xt to save a little money.

I just place the order today.. i changed a few things around..

Here are the final specs:

ASPIRE X-Alien Steel Blue Server Case with Side Window with 420W Power Supply, Model "ATXA1AW/420"
Specifications:

ASUS "A8V Deluxe Wi-Fi" K8T800 Pro Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket 939 CPU -RETAIL

ATI RADEON 9800 PRO Video Card, 256MB DDR, 256-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP -RETAIL

AMD Socket 939 Athlon 64 3500+, 2.2 GHz, 512KB L2 Cache 64-bit Processor - Retail

Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, (Twin Pack) 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 - Retail

SONY Black 1.44MB 3.5inch Floppy Disk Drive, Model MPF920, OEM

Western Digital 80GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive, Model WD800JD, OEM Drive Only

Lite-On Black 52X32X52 CD-RW Drive, Model LTR-52327S, OEM

Samsung Black 16X DVD-ROM Drive, MODEL SD-616EEPB, OEM

TRENDware/TRENDnet DSL/Cable Broadband Router with 4-Port Switch, Model TW100-S4W1CA - Retail

Thermaltake SILENT BOOST For AMD Opteron and Athlon 64 (All Copper) -RETAIL

2 Antec 80mm Case fan With 3 Blue LEDs

Dynatron System Exhaust Blower fit to PCI Slot, Model "DB1206SP"

New Total: 1,490

Decided to downgrade a few parts to save a little money..

So let me know what you think of my soon to be new system.

no matter what the others say your computer will be wicked, even if it is only a 9800Pro u could easily overclock it anyway. the 7.2k rpm hard drive is no where near as good as the 10k but if it saved u money, then its ok. Good system overall, well done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom