Help me get Steam to work for the love of GOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

plunko

Beta member
ok i have not been able to play cs in the last few months. It is summer and i have free time so i want to fix the problem. Computer is XP pro, dell(idc what you think of dell) 8100 with a 2.8 gh pentium 4. I use a router(linksys wtg... model) and have uninstalled mcafee firewall. When i try to connect i enter my info and it takes a while then finally says "Could not connect to steam network. blah blah it is our system or your internet."
I have reinstalled steam many times with no luck. I have gone straight from my computer to the internet and that did nothing. I really need help. If all else fails i will buy a $300 computer and just play cs 1.6 on it.

you need to open up ports at your firewall so steam can access.

go start-control panel-windows firewall- exceptions - addport - enter port

but first you have to go to steampowered.com and to the support section to find out what ports steam uses

good luck and welcome to TF.

i can't find windows firewall any more. My computer crashed yesterday and now i can't find it. Everything was lost and i had to reinstall windows and every program. Where would it be specifically?

I have no firewall on my computer but i still use a router. COuld the router be the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom