Help me find the perfect Mic Headset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadambush

Beta member
I need help with buying a new headset with mic for gaming. I been doing a lot of research and still can't seem to find the perfect mic headset. So far I am thinking about this one ( Sennheiser PC 350 Gaming Headset ). It must use a 3.5 mm line in and mic jack ( because they just sound better jacked straight to the sound card rather than through a usb ). Another question is with a headset like the one i mentioned above which is only stereo, will it produce a rich 7.1 surround sound if the sound card does? I have an x-fi titanium fatality series sound card installed. If any one has found the perfect gaming headset please share with me! Remember no usb sets, I want to be able to go straight through the sound card. Thanks and Good Gaming to you all!

I have found that it is difficult to get a great sound from a mic gaming head set. So, I use a great headset to listen to music and a cheaper mic gaming headset to play games with. Relaxing to music the weight of a really good headset does not bother me as I am reclined, but gaming intensely requires a lighter headset for me. Just my 2 cents.

PC350 are great but they are relatively flat and if you are used to big bass, you will probably be dissapointed. But otherwise they are the best sounding you will get, much better than these 5.1/7.1 headsets.
Soundcards are surprisingly good at creating 3D sound from a stereo headset. Think about it, the only way you can tell where sound comes from is by the delay from it entering each ear at separate times. If the soundcard can reproduce sound with accurate delay for each year, you can get a fantastic almost 360degree field of directional sound.

Use some stereo headphones (or earbuds, headphones are much better though) to listen to this. YouTube - ‪Virtual Barber Shop Hair Cut - 3D Sound (Amazing!!)‬‎ . You will see what i mean. This is also good > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT2mUB9JnIY&feature=related

Creative soundcards i believe use something called CMSS-3D to create this effect in games on stereo headphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom