Help getting used to PC gaming..

Vengeance

Baseband Member
I've been a console gamer ll my life (I'm 16) and I really want to move to PC gaming because of how unrestricted and easier it is for gamers, no need to go into detail there. Also, I bought GMOD on Steam and tested it out on a controller and there is so little you can do because of the amount of buttons needed. I'll be getting my PC just after Christmas, but I don't know how I'm going to get used to the mouse and keyboard. I prefer controllers because of how easy it is to go from button to button, where as on the keyboard of always having to look down at the keys to make sure of pressing the right key.

I'll be buying a gaming mouse for £80 and a gaming keyboard for £250 within a year of buying my PC so it will make it easier to assign keys, but that won't help me having to look down each time I'm changing buttons. I guess it will go away over time as I play more and more, but is there any tips or anything for getting used to it?

No tips needed, really. It becomes natural pretty fast. I've been a console fanboy since birth, and when I got into PC gaming, I wasn't very good at the beginning. However, you get used to key mapping, and get into the "grove" of things. Gaming will come second nature to typing.

Garry's Mod is a good game

The only consoles I really ever played were the Atari 2600, the NES, and the SNES.

Playing with keyboard and mouse will be a big change for you. Once you get your brain used to using the WASD keys you will be OK as that is the biggest change. Using a mouse is no big deal; as you get more used to it then you may start craving a gaming mouse with a higher DPI for more speed and accuracy.

I've been a console gamer ll my life (I'm 16) and I really want to move to PC gaming because of how unrestricted and easier it is for gamers, no need to go into detail there. Also, I bought GMOD on Steam and tested it out on a controller and there is so little you can do because of the amount of buttons needed. I'll be getting my PC just after Christmas, but I don't know how I'm going to get used to the mouse and keyboard. I prefer controllers because of how easy it is to go from button to button, where as on the keyboard of always having to look down at the keys to make sure of pressing the right key.

I'll be buying a gaming mouse for £80 and a gaming keyboard for £250 within a year of buying my PC so it will make it easier to assign keys, but that won't help me having to look down each time I'm changing buttons. I guess it will go away over time as I play more and more, but is there any tips or anything for getting used to it?
You don't need a ridiculously expensive keyboard to PC game. All you need to know is keep your fingers on WASD.

Middle finger = W
Point finger = D/R/F
Ring finger = A
Thumb = spacebar
Pinky = Shift/cntrl

Once you get into the habit of that PC gaming is the easiest ever.

Hah, I didn't switch from console to PC XD
I still play 360, gotta love it

Still, XBOX is good for some games, PC for others. the controller-pc interface is pretty cool :p

I loved no scoping on CoD2 lol.

PC gaming is awesome, but sometimes even with PC games I like to use my xbox 360 controller.

Back
Top Bottom