Help (Game not working)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMMteo

In Runtime
Hi everyone. just went through some old pc games and found roller coaster tycoon and roller coaster tycoon : corckscrew follies. I had previously played those games on my computer but now after installling it again its saying it wont work. I currently run on windows xp (like i did in the past). I tried switching the compalibility to "windows 95" and again failed.

The exact message i receive is "Rollercoaster Tycoon - Corkscrew Follies is incompatible with this version of Windows. For more information, contact Hasbro Interactive."

Like I said it previously ran on this computer for the longest time before i eventually tried playing it again. I've tried downloading a patch but that as well wont work.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it. I dont no why but I need to play this game lol. if you feel like it would be easier to talk this through msn/yahoo just pm me and i can give you my addy.

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling again? Only thing I can think of witth that sort of error messege.

Thi si the most appropriate place for this kind of question. Only other forum that may help you is the Windows/OS section.

i have tried the uninstall/reinstall method but that hasnt worked well either.is there a way to get the game to run in windows xp?

Ya try running it in compatibility mode with 98/me and windows 2000, compatiblity with 95 may be a bit to old

i just tried every (4) compatibility modes and none seemed to work. i also turned compatibility mode off.....again no luck.

i have a feeling the patch that i cant download might be the reason why.

it says "unable to update files. unrecognized game version, wrong language, or game files are corrupted". any ideas behind this message?

Well maybe for the patch you need an earlier patch like some games you cant go from 1.0 to 2.0 you need like 1.5 or something, plus check if the patch matches your game because there are different language patches and multi patches and stuff like that

Depending if you have us or UK you will need to download the patches in order. fileplanet usually have all the patches

When you did the uninstall, did you go behind and delete all the files and folders too? And remove any registry keys? Uninstallers generally leave a lot of stuff behind that has to be manually removed for a fresh install to work correctly.

When you did the uninstall, did you go behind and delete all the files and folders too? And remove any registry keys? Uninstallers generally leave a lot of stuff behind that has to be manually removed for a fresh install to work correctly.

i went to the control panel and manually uninstalled it. it then asked if i wanted to remove all files and folders and i clicked yes.

As far as the patches i'll see what i can find but i remember only seeing 1 patch for each language (english, uk, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom