Help all games crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
kk, i will do that soon, as for dex, il show you my current speedfan temps

temp 1: 32c (im unsure of what this is)
temp 2: 43c (i assume this is my cpu)
temp 3: 42c (again im unsure what this is)

at the moment ATI tray tools is sensing a gpu of "60"
but again im still confused as to how a new video card would overheat so much?! :S :S

(core temp beta for some reason lists my p4 prescott as "not an intel cpu" and wont start)

:S

Those are DECENT idles. I think that your GPU should be down around 50 idling, and the CPU should be around 35. Put some AS5 on those, and make sure there is no dust in there. Also, I wonder what is causing your GFX to get so hot when you are playing games. It should never rise above 80.

I just noticed you are using the Omega drivers. Here is a little tip that should help you out with the datacache.dll error.

So to fix the problem, right click on desktop, go to properties, settings, advanced, SMARTGART, and set Fast Writes to off. Reboot, and now instead of the game freezing, the game will just slow down every once in a while for a few seconds and then speed back up again.

There you go, hope that helps. If not, come back for more help.

Ok well, actually i wasnt using Omega drivers, i have ray adams ati tray tools, whatever that is :p

however i just reinstalled the omega drivers ( i had been using catalyst)

and when installing i set fast write to off, however when i check SMARTGART agp write and agp read are both off.

i also just tested DoD and it crashed as soon as it loaded,

note: as it crashes the sound loops and it shows a picture of the underlying map, as you might see if you were veiwing the map model. and then finally goes blank and has an error form.

the problem seems to of started from a reformat although i did replace the mainboard about a week prior to reformatting.. could be ram?

(also im running an extended desktop, if that has anything to do with it)

Dunno man, maybe a reformat is in order, because it is not the drivers. I have no idea what it could be.

Sorry bro.

Dex

nah its ok thanks for your help anyway, just a really frustrating problem :mad:

guess if I cant fix it i will reformat ..again :O
oh well

hmm

Um ok i reformated just one problem..its hardware related

i beleive ever since i installed the new motherboard, its having some problems with my RAM, which i should say is pretty crap ram aswell its only pc200 or something, does anyone think i could be right?

also i might note that i had a problem with just about all games freezing a few months ago, i came up with a solution of rewiring my comp, (eg connecting power supplies to hard drives only.etc)

so right now i can only guess it would be my RAM, but im not sure it could be my GPU

Plz reply :D

If the system boots to the windows desktop just fine, it is probably not the GPU. Sounds like you need some new RAM.

Sorry for misleading you.

fixed perhapse

Dex you have been great :D

BUT I THINK i have found the culprit, obviously the RAM, because i took one stick out, and EVERY GAME WORKED FINE WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS

so this leads me to think, maybe the PSU or MoBo isnt supplying the RAM with enough power and thus having one stick was ok

But the downside is my BIOS doesnt have any option to change voltages, Currently my cpu's is 11v but its ment to be 12 (?)

so im thinking of flashing a new bios, however i have the latest version provided by MSI

so im confused how can i change voltages

Don't mess with the voltages. If a stick of bad went RAM, it is just bad luck, and unless you are overclocking, you should not need to change ANY voltages within your system.

Go buy another stick of RAM and be happy :).

And don't worry about the PM's, its no problem.

If you need anything else, feel free to ask.

Dex

K thanks dex, however I removed the stick of RAM at random, so what if i swap them, and the "deffective" stick works, just like the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom