Headphone question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hd280 is a great set of cans, poizen im sure if you got yours hands on
a set (not new ones, they gotta be broken in first for best sound) you would agree.

Its great not being able to hear people taking to you when youre gaming. Theyre really good for noisy places, they cancel out more sound than those bose headphones that cost $300 and use batteries lol (then again, bose sucks).

No amp is necessary to drive them either, provided you have a decent sound card.Of course an amp will make then sound all that much better.

The hd280pro's are legendary...they first retailed at $200.

And Sennheiser is a well known high end audio manufacturer, and has been making headphones and headsets since 1945 imo.

Sennheiser USA - HD280Pro - Product Details

The 32db attenuation also makes them highly noise canceling. And they have a wider frequency range than the astros...they go down to 8hz which is very very low. Oh and there is no such thing as a true 5.1 headset, its a gimmick. You only have two drivers in a pair of headphones.

All those reviews are from gaming sites...they dont really know good sound.

Eh ? Lol.

Yes they do have more than 2 speakers.

I know because i opened up my razer pair to resolder the bass driver, i seem to remember 8 drivers in total i think. This doesn't mean there good, so much for a bass driver, they sucked. Stick with stereo phones everyone, like the HD280's.

This might sound crazy lol, considering how popular those headphones are, I really don't care much for them. I used them, and while they are decent headphones, never appealed to me.

What didnt appeal to you about them?

Were they new??

Theyre best heard when broken in. Yeah they have a natural flat sound, but you can add some bass and treble for gaming/movies. Music sounds incredible when its flat.

And theyre the most commonly recommended set of headphones by audio engineers and musicians for the $100 range, which i why i speaky so highly of them. Yeah theres better cans out there, but you gotta spend $150 and up. Ive used quite a few sub $100 sets and found them all to be pretty lacking, till i tried the 280's on recommendation from a producer.

I got Creative Fatal1ty gaming headphones and I like them great comfort and not too bad sound. If you don't like them why not buy Razer pirranha?

Just want to add my input, 3 years ago I bought the Logitech PC gaming headset and it was probably the worst logitech product I ever used. The sound quality was okay as most reviews will tell you, but the fact that the right headphone stopped working mysteriously after very careful use ( I really take care of my stuff ) in less then a year makes me have to advise against it, but maybe you'll be luckier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom