having problems running Sims

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanyDotK

Baseband Member
Basically whenever I try to run sims my screen goes black for a few seconds then goes back to the desktop. Yes my computer meets the system requirements, yes even my video card, yes it is an original cd, not a copy. Whats going on? I know a lot of other people that have the same problem, thanks

You may also want to check your screen resolution and disable unnecessary background applications before running the game. Below is an excerpt from The Sims manual. You may also want to browse this manual (the one that is part of the program, called Contact Support/Guide) to find other possible solutions.

Check Video Resolution
One of the most common problems with DirectX
games is mode switching. When a DirectX game starts, DirectX tells the video driver to switch modes to match the resolution and color depth supported by the game. Some drivers will have a problem with this mode switching and yield a crash error or blank screen lockup. If you are having any difficulty starting your game, try manually switching video modes.

To manually adjust your video mode:

1.Open Display properties.

2.Click on the Settings tab at the upper right of the window; you should now see the window similar to how it is shown above.

3.Now adjust the Color palette option to 256 colors and the Desktop area to 640 by 480 pixels. If your driver lets you alter the viewport size separately, sometimes referred to as "virtual desktop", make sure it is also set to 640x480 or you may encounter problems.

NOTE: Some games may support higher resolutions and color depths, such as 800x600 with thousands of colors. Make sure that if your game supports other video modes, that you manually set your desktop to the modes supported by the game.

Sims 1 HELP please!

I installed Sims Deluxe E - house party - hot date - vacation - Super star.... Now you are supposed to have a bigger view over your little town instead of the one little Circle, But I have the little circle and I have installed all of them. What do I do?

:mad:

Unleashed is where you get the larger neighborhood. It isn't included in the deluxe edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom