Have you been to a LAN party?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame Hawk

Baseband Member
I was just wondering how many people have been to a LAN party.

And if you've hosted one, please provide helpful tips.

Well Ive hosted a LAN party of sorts... It just comprised of me and a freind playing AoE2 and UT97 all night... It was good tho. Get a crate of stimulation drink (like red bull but try to find a cheaper alternative). I got through 10 cans in one night at my LAN... Couldnt stop shaking... Lol...

10 in one night is a bit overkill.

If I was to host a LAN party, I would get like 4 people over and I'd have more than just caffeine drinks. It doesn't really benefit you to be playing a FPS game with your hands shaking all over the place. (You might not be able to aim as well, which will most likely end up in you killing your own team members. lol)

Just had a 7 guy LAN party this past weekend,it was my first time as the host and it was a blast.

Tips:

- FOOD and lots of it...we did chicken wings, steak, pork chops, lots of chips, popcorn, candy and more...get as much as you think you'd need, then double it.

- DRINKS: lots of sugar and caffeine. same rule as above, get what you think you'll need and double it.

- Confirm you can support everyone on your network: cables, speed, router etc... i sent out a checklist to everyone on what to bring. Include their own cables, headset, microphones, game CDs and then get yourself a spare of each. I also had a friend bring a good laptop as an extra computer in case someones died.

- If you can, let everyone know the games and versions you want to play at the LAN and have everyone pre-load on their systems to save issues, as there are sure to be compatibility issues. Example: vista sucks!

- Get rid of none players: spouses and kids! lol

- Double check you have enough game CDs for all your games. Example starcraft only allows 3 people i think for 1 CD...or might be WC2 but both required additional CDs the more people played.

I miss anything else?

Never done a PC LAN party but I've been to several Halo parties with 16 players. 4 vs 4 vs 4 vs 4 is awesome.

Like the others said, food and drinks are very important. ;)

I've been to one, but I only watched. At the time, I had a stinkin' PIII 800MHz, while everyone else had an Athlon 64. It was a Warcraft 3 fest. I did eat most of their food though, because watching gets boring, fast.

Hosted about 3 LAN parties one was xbox 360 two were pc

Games were
UT2007
Flatout
Halo 2
Burnout Revenge
Worms (boring)
and some others

Doritoes is a great food sources and alot of drink and fruit juices during the day prooves better then during the night as well

How did you host UT2007? It's not out for a few months. Or did you mean UT2004?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom