Has anyone played hellgate london?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demalii

Fully Optimized
I was wondering how good it really was.. I've heard a lot about the game, but a couple people told me it was just hype that i was hearing the game wasn't really that great..

Just curious to see what some people form the forums think of it.

I played through the whole game once. It was fun, kindof addictive for the first 3/4.

The quests are a bit repetitive, in the annoying way. like WoW. kill 10 of these, collect 5 of those, return. Then go back kill 15 of some other stuff, collect 8 of these. Then go back Again and kill 5 of these, this boss type guy and 10 of some other thing.

Thats about it for the whole game. It was fun the first run through, but i started to play it on nightmare.. then just closed and uninstalled it. No replay at all IMHO. The thought of doing those quests again made me want to hurl lol.

I agree with veedubs suggestion lol. unless you can play it for free. or maybe 5 or 10$. I could do those diablo quests a million times over. heck probably already have.

im thinkin about going and buying it again just for kicks. lost my install disc. lol be my 4th one >.> i should keep it in a lock box or something.

oh and the game STILL has some disgusting memory leak issues. DX10 is still completely unplayable for more than 1 to 2 hours with 6GB of ram. DX 9 is good for 5 or 6 hours before crashing. it shouldnt have even been released untill being fixed. ah well lol

There is/was a huge post on HGL, maybe its in the Gaming section. I personally thought it was great for the first hour, then nothing changed, not even the scenery, everything just repeats and repeats. You level up, the mosters level up, and on and on. Shame, but they got lazy with this game.

i love hellgate but tbh i cba finishing it, the quests are annoyingly repetitive, and the only hero that seems fun is the blademaster. Diablo 2 is infinitely more addictive, and even after completing it innumerable times, i still enjoy it. The battle in d2 is monotonous but fun, but HGL is monotonous and kinda boring after a while...

but the dunder liches are scary monsters..

It's a mindless hack'n'slash.

It got 2 repetitive for my likings. And it was not offering me any real challange.

Picked it up when it was first out, but got quickly bored with it.

When it comes down ot RPGs, I would like some thing more than just another mindless kill'em'all click fest these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom