Has Anybody Else Kept All Of Their Boxes...Pics Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirlwind

Fully Optimized
My wife has been getting on me to get rid of alot of my boxes for my games, because they take up so much space.

I don't throw much stuff away and I am having a hard time doing it, because gaming has always been in my blood from the time I was a kid and got an Odyessy game system.

I have sold alot of my music that I have on vinyl....but there is just something about the artwork and stuff that I just like to look at.

Anybody else have trouble getting rid of your stuff.

I always call my wife's stuff Junk".....and my junk "Stuff" :smile:

Anyway....do you remember the day when all of your pc games came in those huge over size boxes.....I loved that as you always got some nice extra stuff with your games.

Large manuals....so many pages that they were spiral bound......cloth maps....artwork booklets...comic books....ect.....ect....

4381005098_d14fb663be_b.jpg

4381631615_3b6df0a4b9_b.jpg

One of my all-time favorites...poor Barney, had to secure Black Mesa with his pistol!
4380244903_27d4941284_b.jpg

4382391608_e0cfb74f15_b.jpg

Box said no internet connection or 3d card required....no...but the game flew if you had one :omg:
4380993536_2a3c164458_b.jpg

4381627451_3c0a8544a1_b.jpg

Still a favorite of mine today...a true RPG/Shooter Hybrid....I still hear those scarey voices calling..."dead babies must sleep"...LOL
4380233997_e178ed6edc_b.jpg

4381623687_1851107f8c_b.jpg

Nice! Keep 'em nice and you might get some good money for them someday.

I don't really keep game boxes, but I do keep hardware boxes and it's come in handy more often than not. For instance this weekend when I moved. I was able to pack my monitor, receiver, DVRs, speakers, hard drives, and numerous other fragile things in their original packaging. It saves the stuff much better than cramming it into a box that is too small or too big. It also really helps if you ever want to resell stuff. People like buying stuff with original packaging and it also, usually, saves on shipping because you don't have an oversized box.

pshhh tell her it's her shoe boxes taking up space, not your game boxes lolol :p

but yea man that's a nice collection.

I try to keep my boxes but in my housing situation stuff doesn't last long because it's all so crammed together :C

I used to for a long time. However just a few weeks ago I threw away most of them. They simply take up too much space and I have to be honest with myself, while it satisfies my nostalgia sometimes, I really don't spend the time to enjoy keeping them. I decided to only keep a select few boxes. Eventually you have to let go.

pshhh tell her it's her shoe boxes taking up space, not your game boxes lolol :p

but yea man that's a nice collection.

I try to keep my boxes but in my housing situation stuff doesn't last long because it's all so crammed together :C

LOL.....I will let her know this tonight.......great post!

I've mostly gotten rid of mine. I opted to buy a DVD case, and use a sticker printer to put all the cd keys on their respective discs.

I mostly keep the larger boxes. I'll post pics up in a minute :tongue:

EDIT: Nevermind, can't post.. can't find my phone cable :tongue:

No. Most of my older boxes I have thrown out a long time ago. I remember about 10-15 years ago where you it was all about the size of the boxes. Like I remember having the following huge as boxes that contained a lot of air and only a few CDs
* Duke Nuk'Em Kill-A-Ton Collection.
* Half Life Collection Box -- Contain Half-Life, Opposing Forces, Team Fortress. BlueShift was not released at this stage.

In all honeslty it was rather annoying to have all these big boxes that where there just for show and to take up shelf space at the shop. I don't mind it if it comes with a T-Shirt or Book or some extra material besides the game discs. However when you open this big arsed box only to get a handful of CDs in a paper sleeve (Duke Nuk'Em Kill-A-Ton), it was rather off putting
I was very thankful now that game have moved down to a DVD sized box instead. Been rather happy that they have been doing that for the last 5 years or so. I am even more happy about Digital Downloads so that I don't have to worry about the box.

Most of my games with a box bigger than a DVD case, I have thrown out the box and kept the game in the media a large CD Wallet. Otherwise it just adds to the clutter in my computer room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom