Harry Potter Goblet Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

paperboy

Beta member
I have just purchased Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire game for PC. After installing it, the app. will not launch. The cursor indicates "busy" and then returns to normal without initializing the game.
The CD Rom shows activity while the cursor shows "busy".
I updated the video drivers but it did not fix the problem.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled to a different HDD. No luck.

After reading the game's system requirements, it suggests a minimum processor of 1200 mghz and I am running this on an old Athlon 900 mghz. with 700+ MB ram and an Nvidia MX400 64MB video card.

Is it possible that the processor is the source of my problem? I have not seen an issue with games failing to start due to processing power, just poor performance. This one won't even start.

Any suggestions?

It might have the old "Harry Potter games Suck" Error, there is technically no way around it.

But seriously, your computer looks pretty outdated, that might be the reason.

Yes you're right this computer is outdated and I have been looking around for something a bit more current. I'm certain that I would feel the benefits of newer technology in more areas than Harry Potter but so far, apart from some slower video conversion speeds, this is the first time it has been completely stumpped.

As for the system requirements listed on the game box, my system exceeds the minimum requirements in all categories except processor speed.

Thanks for the responses!

well i don't think it won't start if its too slow it should start then just lag like theres no tmrw. so i tink theirs something else wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom