Halo 3 : Biggest Day in U.S. Entertainment History

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not denying that halo is a good game. I just have no interest in buying a 360 right now for 1 game. Also, i really do dislike the element that halo brought to the gaming world. As if frat boys werent annoying enough in the real world...

Madden brought that element into gaming a looooong time ago. Don't pin it on Halo

True, but up until halo, they were mostly limited to idiots playing sports, much as they are in real life :)

bah, I'm a Halo-hater, believe it.

I can just imagine a bunch of overweight college guys sitting around a couch with bags of Doritos and bottles of Mountain Dew "Game Fuel" and their headsets, playing online, uttering about every bit of Internet slang possible and rejoicing when they destroy a team of pre-pubesant Halo kids.

Face it people, console FPSs blow balls. K&M > gamepad, don't even need to bother arguing that point. I don't care which one is "funner", put two equally skilled people, one with a K&M and the other with a gamepad, 10 times out of 10 the K&M guy will win.

Halo brought nothing to FPSs, it only brought FPSs to a gimped method of playing it, that being a console with a friggin GAMEPAD.

Which one makes you a better player is a very poor way of judging it...

I mean, ****, if they built a touch-screen FPS where you just tapped the guy and he instantly died...it would be better by your definition? :p

I think controllers are the superior form of gaming and M&K is too easy.

i'm a pc gamer
not a fanatical pc gamer...
I only have a lowly gamecube, and enjoy my Tales of symphonia, FF crystal chronicals, zelda...soul caliber

I'm not a shooter type of guy...

We shouldn't generalize, based on a game or the format it is on. You "could" say something negative about console gamers, but that same thing could hold equally true on the PC side.

Remember the South Park "WoW" episode? That's pc gaming...I am more prone to think pc gamers are overweight...maybe not "college guys"...but overweight.

Perhaps then, this is a war of overwieght pc gamers vs overweight console gamers? There's always some form of inferiority/superiority involved in such things...I'm never a part of it. I just like to have fun...don't need to kill anybody, get my frag count up...etc etc. It makes no difference if I do it on my powerful personal computer or my Nintendo Gamecube.

hehe

I can just imagine a bunch of overweight college guys sitting around a couch with bags of Doritos and bottles of Mountain Dew "Game Fuel" and their headsets, playing online, uttering about every bit of Internet slang possible and rejoicing when they destroy a team of pre-pubesant Halo kids.

Face it people, console FPSs blow balls. K&M > gamepad, don't even need to bother arguing that point. I don't care which one is "funner", put two equally skilled people, one with a K&M and the other with a gamepad, 10 times out of 10 the K&M guy will win.

Halo brought nothing to FPSs, it only brought FPSs to a gimped method of playing it, that being a console with a friggin GAMEPAD.

i'm a pc gamer also. and i love halo. you just sound jealous.

merk said:
Originally Posted by Merkwürdigliebe

alright, to play multiplayer halo everyone must bring there computers to play :/ while console you can game all night long, system link, all on big screen tv's, nothing beats it
I'M NOT SAYING YOU HAVE A BAD SOCIAL LIFE btw

Dude. Sorry, but I guarantee someone who plays Xbox day and night could probably whip you with a gamepad. Gamepad is the superior choice if you're good with it. It's hard to get used to aiming and what not but once you do, it's the better choice.

All the buttons are right at your finger tips. I guarantee I can press buttons faster on a gamepad than I could on M&K.

Don't say something sucks just because you suck at it. ;)

Ya, I used to be great with a xbox gamepad when that was all I had. But I haven't even put in 4 hours on a xbox in over a year 1/2.. so ya. I suck. :D

i worship you. i could not have said it one bit better! VOUCH! be my online bffe plz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom