Half-Life+Windows XP Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

FadingTheory

I Rule You
I recently acquired the game Half-Life, and all its expansion. However, I failed to read the box. Apperently, it will work with all Windows, excluding XP.

My question is: Can I trick it to play on XP? Everytime I try to install it, it gives me an error.

'C:/Windows\System32\Autoexec.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application'. I asume this means theres a problem with XP being an exclusivelly 32 bit program, while half-life runs 16 bit routines.

Its not a problem, I can put 98 on my computer as well in a dual boot, I just dont want to. Is there any other way?

wow lol, stupid me thought for a split second you were talking about HL2.....forgot people still like the original hehe....

That's pretty weird though. I didn't know that would happen honestly.

I bought the collection pack deally, the one that comes with all the expansions.

Curses! Guess 98 will eat some Linux partition...

Mine dosn't

Okay, I tried the first step, but that didnt work. All it did was try to execute the first file in the command line- which failed miserably. I assumed they meant copy, so I performed that through the command prompt (just throw copy in front of the comand line). That worked, and I found that my computer was actually missing the autoexec.bat in that folder.

Now, its giving the same error, just instead of the Autoexec.bat, its giving me one about the config file. I'm going to mess with it more tonight, and try some of there other suggestions, if Microsoft didn't botch those up as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom