half life source games HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

davefogo

Solid State Member
Hi there!
I am expiriencing problems whenever i want to play any of the source based muliplayer games (counter striek half life 2 deathmatch). whenever I load the game, i go through the loading screen, but when I reach the main menu the screen is totally black. I can still gear the clicks that are normally heard when roaming around the menu. Just I cant see the menu screen. I would appreciate it if somebody could help me.
Half Life 2, the actual game runs just fine. No problems
thank you
david

you mean I should uninstall all the games ive downloaded? Or what do you mean by updates?

Have you got a firewall, if so, have you allowed Steam, CS:S, HL2 etc into the trusted zone? If not right click on the firewall icon in the quick launch bar (by the clock, bottom right) and in there you should see something along the lines of setting up your firewall and what applications you allow through it, I can't give a more detailed explanation as I don't whether you have a firewall or if you have one I don't know what it is. Just I was having similar problems and it turned out to be my firewall opening up "behind" the CS:S screen and asking for permission to access the internet. After allowing it through the problem stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom