Half-Life 2 Single Player lag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beedub, I have not bought HL2 yet, so I cant tell you how my card runs on it, but I think something is seriously wrong with your card. I play Doom3 on the highest setting with AAx8, ultra settings, shadows on at 1024 with virtually no lag. I wonder what the fark is causing your card to suck so much.

Jeffrock said:
I wonder what the fark is causing your card to suck so much.

Me too...although my card rocks in the benchmarks, there are people with much less expensive cards that whip me in gameplay. And as you say, you can play Doom 3 at 8xAA and have no lag, where I get serious lag by uping it to even 4xAA. How might I find out whether my card is bad or not without replacing it?

beedubaya said:
Me too...although my card rocks in the benchmarks, there are people with much less expensive cards that whip me in gameplay. And as you say, you can play Doom 3 at 8xAA and have no lag, where I get serious lag by uping it to even 4xAA. How might I find out whether my card is bad or not without replacing it?

Test it with 3dmark05 and compare it other X800 Pros. I doubt your system is bottlenecking it you have REAL GOOD stuff in there. I doubt it's your RAM (HyperX is great) but maybe test your memory. Maybe you have faulty memory.

If you do have a faulty GPU and if it is ATI and not powered by ATI then you can return it to them and they will test it. If they find that it is faulty and if the X800 Pro is out of stock they will actually give you a X800XT PE. They will never give you a worse card. My friend sent his faulty 9800 pro and because those were out of stock ATI gave him a X800 Pro AGP.

If the 3dmark05 is very comparable to others I doubt it is your GPU. Test your mem or plug in a more powerful PSU in there and see if there is any difference.

My 3dmark05 is 5,136, which beats even 6800GTs. It is a Visiontek X800 Pro though, and not one straight from ATI. I doubt its my GPU like I've always said. I should test my RAM though....

For reference, my 3dmark05 score is 5629 when oc'ing the card. I cant remember what it is when left at stock though. Perhaps it is the RAM? Your rig is tight, and I cant see how it should run any slower than mine.

Jeffrock said:
For reference, my 3dmark05 score is 5629 when oc'ing the card. I cant remember what it is when left at stock though. Perhaps it is the RAM? Your rig is tight, and I cant see how it should run any slower than mine.

:confused: hmm...I will try running Memtest86 on it (i think thats the program), I don't know if I want to know the results though....

Esse said:
I don't fully understand. Why is there "Lag" for SP? Isn't lag for mean ONline?

Lag is a term used to describe anything that lags whether it be on or offline.

-Dan The Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom