Half-life 2 RELEASE DATE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
with valve's lack luster reputation of not bringing out games on time... wouldnt surprise me if this game didnt come out till christmas...

but hopefully with it being pre-loaded on steam it wont be long now. :)

Well i just got done reading something about someone hacking the lead man at vavles forum password and saying it was going to release sometime soon. They caught this and set things straight. I am kind of dissapointed that these lame a$$ hackers are doing this to the fans. I think these tards should have a swift kick in the ar$.

Actually, since it's JUST A GAME, they ought to have the idiots either deported, executed, or put in the army. I'd rather have the losers getting shot at overseas than our own "good" people.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if Valve pushed things back to xmas, as that would put Half-Life-2 right in the buying frenzy for the holidays. They could keep the price up as high as they wanted then, for a long time.

That article was also on gamespot.com. If the headman was stupid enough to use his first name as password, he deserved to get it stolen and used to announce the game going gold on monday the 30th aug. If they are all so clumsy about security, no wonder their codes got stolen....

Chances are it was someone either on the inside of Valve, someone in Sierra, or an unchanged legacy access account from Valve's work with Gearbox (which is incredibly stupid anyway).

It's much easier for someone inside of Valve to have leaked things out, intentionally or accidentally, despite the highest security. It is also even easier for the bastards at Sierra to have had an employee leak things out (intionally or accidentally).

As I noted above, it is also possible that they had some code on a server/machine that an employee at Gearbox was able to access (even after Valve stopped working with Gearbox) just because Valve forgot to change passwords and access that was previously granted to Gearbox employees.

omfg i dont know about you guys but this is really starting to piss me off....they just keep puttin off the release datse more and more......hell doom 4 will be out before hl2:p

Well if you want to test-drive HL2, and you're a woman, you can hop on a flight to WA, and go to Valve, ask to see Gabe Newell (founder), show him yer god-given goods, and he'll let you play all you want.

Of course, you could probably do the same thing as a male, but keep in mind Gabe is a solidly straight and runs a company where people focus their attention on monsters and violence...which may get you shot at. :)

Or, you could just butter up a few emails to Valve, get yerself known, ask to come visit the company, and maybe, just maybe, get a little tour and a chance to handle the demo.

Already knowing your way around the gaming industry helps, too, of course. :mad:

Well - I have confirmed it. The release date is November 2nd (15th in some locations). :(

I hope this turns out to be better than Doom3 did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom