a Half life 2 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude...you have to get INTO the elevator..before she'll move. It's a catch to make sure the AI doesn't leave without the player.

so i can use my quick save without restating from the last auto save? and just being faster than her? get in befire she moves...

Seems to me that's yer problem.

The AI naturally knows the way better than you do (for the first time playing). It was too easy for the AI to press the button, go in the elevator, and leave without you, since the elevator is in the same map as the second floor (usually there's a map change in elevators).

If I'm right in believing what yer talking about, Judith is just going to stand there until the player goes into the elevator. Once you do, you trigger the AI, so that it knows it can safely continue. You're onboard, and aren't going to get left behind during the scripted sequence.

As an added note, these kinds of things were very hard to do in the original HL (at least, do right). HL2 makes the scripting a heck of a lot easier.

FadingTheory said:
Try hitting her with a crowbar. It wont actually fix any problems, but its fun.
You know, that brings up a good point. Yer not able to kill the scientists anymore, like you used to be able to. I think that had become something of a HL passtime and almost a ritual. It's to the point where whenever I see a scientist in any game, my first reaction is to kill it.
When you get to HL2, you can't kill anything but the enemy targets. Which sucks. Just once, I wanna blast Mosman's brains across the wall. I'd like to pop a shot at Brean. It's frustrating for a faithful HL player...UGH...

Anyway, I haven't experienced this before, except when using the dev noclip to poke around the map for mapping ideas (which totally messes up the trigger events). I've always either had the sequences work straight out, or if they do glitch, I can just go in and out of the elevator/doorway again and they seem to come to their digital senses.

ShoobieRat said:
You know, that brings up a good point. Yer not able to kill the scientists anymore, like you used to be able to. I think that had become something of a HL passtime and almost a ritual. It's to the point where whenever I see a scientist in any game, my first reaction is to kill it.
When you get to HL2, you can't kill anything but the enemy targets. Which sucks. Just once, I wanna blast Mosman's brains across the wall. I'd like to pop a shot at Brean. It's frustrating for a faithful HL player...UGH...

Anyway, I haven't experienced this before, except when using the dev noclip to poke around the map for mapping ideas (which totally messes up the trigger events). I've always either had the sequences work straight out, or if they do glitch, I can just go in and out of the elevator/doorway again and they seem to come to their digital senses.

Imagine trying to take on DOG?!
That would be fun.
Or going on a rampage in city 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom