Half Life 2 (orig.) Vs Doom 3 Graphical Wise

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that DOOM3 has got miles better graphics than HL2 (the lighting is extremely impressive in DOOM) but the source engine has got a reputation for being very efficient and light on the system.

I think that for it's setting Doom3 has better graphics, but Source is much less resource intensive and adaptable to different sorts of games. Doom3 is really only suitable for dark, indoor shooters. Remember how unimpressive the outdoor scenes in Quake 4 were?

I think that for it's setting Doom3 has better graphics, but Source is much less resource intensive and adaptable to different sorts of games. Doom3 is really only suitable for dark, indoor shooters. Remember how unimpressive the outdoor scenes in Quake 4 were?

Yeah, X-Ray (stalker) reminds me of that doom engine. The outdoor graphics look fairly poor, but, indoors, the lighting/shadows are absolutely brilliant. Indoors, stalker is probably the best looking game that i have ever played on.

Depends on what your looking at, neither of the games beats the others through out. For example, in terms of lighting/shadows Doom 3 wins hands down. Both games look good, even to today's standard's IMO.

agreed w/ beefcake... i think for overall presentation i'm going to have to say hl2 looks better... doom 3 looks too.. i dunno what it looks.. but clayish? almost like i'm playing violent wallace and grommit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom