Half Life 2 (orig.) Vs Doom 3 Graphical Wise

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikoman69

Daemon Poster
Quick question, what game has more demanding graphics? Thus requiring more power out of your video card? I just had the sudden urge to know, i dont really know why though....

HL2 has more demanding gfx, Doom 3 used great artists to look as good as it did.

I thought doom3 had more demanding graphics? i mean imo hl2 has better gfx but i can run that on max easy but with doom3 with aa and everything my frame rates drop to like 20 sometimes (both games at 1024 X 1028)

backup - that is pretty much why i asked, i got confused because of similar experiances like that,.

so merkwu doom3 is more demanding right? not on newer systems because they can max them both easy?

^Yep, that's right, I mean, I can max out either one with a resolution of 1680x1050, High on all settings, 16xQ CSAA, Anisotropic x16, blah, blah... and they'd both be over 100 fps, I mean, maybe Doom 3 will be at like 120 fps whereas Half-Life 2 will be at like 150 fps, but you can't really tell the difference at that point

I only got HL2 on this system which gives me about a steady 60 fps +/- 15. I havent tried it yet, but on my fathers computer i have, and compared to HL on there, it ran worse, but i thought it was a less gfx demanding game. Oh well, on my new build soon they will be like what your talking about merkwur, maxed out will be bomb as **** still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom