Half Life 2 - Not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harper said:
Yeah, I was having problem with that when I was installing. I kept on trying to click on HL2 icon (like what any person would do normally). I would get the stream progress bar appearing on my screan, and then disappearing after some where around 20%.
It was not until I click on the STEAM ICON, it would do the same at about 40%.
It was on until I access the game via the AutoRun Menu on the CD that was able to complete this.

you'd think steam evolved after all these years and hundreds of thousands of downloads

Hi,

I have tried every driver possible for this card. Older drivers than the 61.72 ones dont recognize this card! I even tried Omega drivers. I have been using Driver Cleaner 3 to ensure no driver conflicts also.

I think this card is broken anyway, tried it in another computer. So I think thats fairly obvious that the card is broken? I think it is.

Anyone want a broken 6800 LE!?

Looks like im getting a new graphics card for Christmas!

Thanks all for help!

ill take it! 20 bucks!

"Im Ronnie Doitch and i can settle your tax debt for twenty dollarsch!"

hmm probly noone will get it, sorry

It seems this game brings many problems and very little answers:)

I so wish I could play it for longer then a few minutes:) :p

Yes I have finished it, using a FX5200, its good but I want the graphics power! I played it for a bout a min on the 6800 full AA and everything, look amazing compared to the 5200!

I found the solution to my problem from a nice guy on halflife2.net!!!:D :D

you could try this -----> go to System Properties, select the Advanced tab and under Performance click Settings -> Advanced. In the Memory Usage section youÂ’ll be able to change emphasis between Programs and the System Cache. Select the System Cache option this will ensure that a larger proportion of memory is used in the cache.

Thats what he told me to do and it worked!!!!:)

My question is how will this affect my computer outside HL2?:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom