Half life 2 - No subwoofer in 5.1??

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikoman69

Daemon Poster
Ive found via google other people having problems with half life 2 not outputting to subwoofers. Im using altec lansing 5.1 system on a realtek 7.1 HD sound. Anyone know how to get the sub to output? I also found when googling that other source apps such as CSS and TF2 also had this problem.

That's odd. I play CS:S competitively and when I fire my AWP (with my speakers on instead of my headset) I get a very satisfying boom followed by pictures falling off of the wall in my room. I am using a creative 5.1 setup. I haven't heard of any problems with subwoofers on the HL2 engine up until now.

I dunno man, when i turn my speakers on stereo mode it comes out of the sub, but thats cuz it switches to only the left and right line in, and the speakers take sub freqs. from that, in 5.1 sub and center are on the same cable, but all the sub sounds come thro the center is what ive been reading.

It used to work for me I guess I should say now....less than 24 hours ago my 5.1 setup exploded. I need to buy new speakers now. Until this incident I had perfect 5.1 from the HL2 engine.

It seems in CS:cz i get no sub whatsoever either, not in 3d audio, not in eax. Possibly my realtek audio isn't compatable fully with source/valve audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom