half life 2 (no spoilers!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ravenholm was one of my favorite parts of the game, it was kind of like Resident Half-Evil but it was cool, I still remember when those quick zombies were running on the cliff in the distance and I took one shot with the magnum and nailed one and it fell off the cliff in a glorious rag-doll style.

i agree .. ravenholm was awesome.. i have to admit it scared me to death though lol. the weird sounds and the screams of those super fast zombies were really scary. i was kinda relieved when i finally made it out of there lol :p

omg! words can not express my true love for Half-Life 2! moment of silence for half-life 1(even though i still play it :p). Okay.. the physics are the best, so is the AI. and i LOVE deatmatch! if you havn't already played it you MUST! also counter strike source, "oo look at the pretty graphics!" I recently got into mapping for deathmatch. so awsome! if you want i can give you the links on HL2 files once they get them loaded to thier server.
i love you Half-Life 2!
HL2:Aftermath
whats this?

Well, some like it, some don't. I don't like Unreal Tournament at all. It is the worst game ever in my opinion. Same with Halo. But most people like it.
Same with Need for Speed Underground and Most Wanted. At first it was fun, but after some time I realised how crappy it is even compared to games 5 years older.

Source totally set the benchmark for more intensive physics interaction in games around today and it's still probably the most impressive engine overall IMO...the game itself was good because it never really got repetetive, the only level I found rather lame was sandtraps but that had a nice ending with the big antlion and of course getting your own pack of them

It's too bad the other games, namely counterstrike, turned out so horribly being ported

I've been reading about Aftermath and I hate to say it but it looks like a flop

Deimos said:
omg! words can not express my true love for Half-Life 2! moment of silence for half-life 1(even though i still play it :p). Okay.. the physics are the best, so is the AI. and i LOVE deatmatch! if you havn't already played it you MUST! also counter strike source, "oo look at the pretty graphics!" I recently got into mapping for deathmatch. so awsome! if you want i can give you the links on HL2 files once they get them loaded to thier server.
i love you Half-Life 2!

whats this?

aftermath is the first expansion to halflife 2. it will hopefully be released soon.

What is it about? and why so floppy?
The storyline doesn't seem to fit in with the ending to half life 2 at all...previous expansions for the original game dealt with other characters such as opposing force with an army officer or blue shift with one of the security guards, but this one still focuses on gordon and it seems to take place RIGHT after the citadel blew up which kind of conflicts with the G-man putting you back in stasis

Apparently your enemy isn't even the combine anymore and you're allies with them fighting off stalkers and headcraps and antlions and other crap like that which seems kind of lame...and the fact that they have a supercharged gravity gun makes the game way too easy

I would have liked aftermath to put you in the position of dog to be quite honest as that would be a huge spin on things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom